Subject: [Leica] S2 envy...
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto at earthlink.net)
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 16:19:24 -0400

Jan Decher wrote:

None of these pictures look like they could not have been taken with a Canon
5D or more "lowly" machine.
<<<

At web resolution that's certainly a possibility.  I think Rains is making
big prints, where the larger sensor and more pixels make a difference.
Rains is shown using a big white lens on his website
http://www.nickrains.com/ so perhaps having compared the S2's output with
his Canons he's in a position to make an informed choice.

Having lost an entire bag of Contax, Sony video and Leica binocular
equipment to a street theft on an expedition to Ghana 12 years ago  I find
it exceedingly stupid to take such an expensive piece of gear as the S2 to
Africa for outdoor action photography.
<<<

Insurance.

Doug Herr