Subject: [Leica] IMG: Friday: a flower
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto at earthlink.net)
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 18:50:18 -0400

Jim Nichols wrote:

I have experimented with a bellows, and I am amazed at the shallow DOF that
results.  I got a hint of this when I read the instructions for using the
extension with the 60mm Macro.  The instructions specify setting the lens
at smallest aperture before adding the extension.
<<<

The instructions for the 60 Macro specify setting the lens aperture at the
smallest setting before adding the 14198 extension tube because the 14198
has its own aperture ring, and it also has a collar that covers the lens
aperture ring.  Setting the lens aperture ring to the the smallest setting
allows the lens to fit the 14198 because this extension tube has a lockout
that prevents the lens from being mounted if the lens aperture ring is not
set to f/22.  This allows the extension tube aperture ring to use the full
range of apertures.

The whole reason behind the aperture ring on the 14198 was that its first
metering cam adjusts for the extension factor.

With any extension other than the 14198 the lens aperture ring does not
need to be set to any particular value.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

myhosting.com - Premium Microsoft? Windows? and Linux web and application

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] IMG: Friday: a flower)