Subject: [Leica] Gandhi with Flowers II
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 14:55:38 -0400

I've not done my homework on that. The background on the Gandhi stature at
Union square. And usually I don't ask directions from someone on the
sidewalk unless I search engine them first.
The Gandhi stature does have the quality of a captured moment I can easily
see it coming from a known photo.
Its like a real  guy who happens to be monochromatic standing in the middle
of a bunch of lush bushes and flowers.  Quite a startling sight. I first saw
him at night and its not that lit.  I may have thought at first it was a guy
standing there. An unusually effective use of statue art. Placement and
environment and the stand a statue or sculpture rests on I think can't be
underestimated. Gotta look at the thing from all sides....:)

in over 5 years made thousand of exposures of Rodin's  "the thinker" or "the
poet" on the grounds of the philosophy building at Columbia. Any kind of
light any lens any perspective I've tried it. Editing those will be quite a
job. I have at this point to make sure they're all keyworded.
 Keywording now in the digital age is a very big deal.  Not to be glossed
over. Never discussed on the lug. Important for me to be able to hit the
Gandhi button or Thinker button and have them pop right up so I can see what
I have. I certainly have a "flowers" button.  If you cant see what you have
whats the point?!?!?
Tree's
Bicycles.
Various individual people who tend to run into on a regular basis I have
keywords for all of them  one of them being me.
The Maine Monument is another thing which holds still for me while the birds
and people change around it and I get it time after time.
Soho Cast Iron.
Shop windows and mannequins.

--
Mark R.