Subject: [Leica] Quality control while Leica basks in wealth
From: shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka)
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 21:34:40 -0400

I feel for you Phil.

I think my M9 was in the shop with red-pixel when you got yours.  And my
M8 had the pixel streak a year before that as well.  And both had
rangefinder misalignments that needed attention.  Nevertheless, they've
seemed pretty reliable after the first year of adjustment (them, not me).

Finding a new bad pixel after the first one was fixed is pretty
disheartening, I agree.

It would be easier to chuck them out if they didn't make such nice images.

Good luck,

-rei