Subject: [Leica] Moving Lightroom catalog from latptop to desktop
From: mark at whitedogs.co.uk (Mark Pope)
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 08:09:42 +0100

Yes indeed...I just leave it to its own devices. When I did the
exports/imports of Karin's and my catalogues (about 1000 images each)
following our holiday at the end of June, we went out / had lunch.
Karin's export occurred over a wifi connection, so that took ages.  I
had the presence of mind to connect my Macbook to a wired Ethernet port,
which made a huge difference, though still nowhere near as quick as the
external HDD route.  Now, if I had that new- fangled Thunderbolt it
would be happy days!  I can dream... :-)

Mark Pope,
Swindon, Wilts
UK

Homepage               http://www.monomagic.co.uk