Subject: [Leica] Moving Lightroom catalog from latptop to desktop
From: mark at whitedogs.co.uk (Mark Pope)
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 17:39:04 +0100

Hi,
it's really very straight forward - on the laptop it's <file> <export as
catalogue>, making sure the "export negative files" option is ticked in
the dialogue box.

You can export the catalogue straight to an external hard drive.

Then, on the desktop machine, it's <file> <import from catalog>

If the PC and laptop share a network, you can send the catalog straight
to the PC, assuming you have file sharing set up. This obviates the need
for a separate hard drive, but negates Bob's excellent advice.

This is exactly what we do to get files from laptops (macbooks actually)
to our main desktop PC (sadly not a Mac, but working on it :-) ).

Mark Pope,
Swindon, Wilts
UK

Homepage               http://www.monomagic.co.uk