Subject: [Leica] OT - upgrading Windows XP data and system disks - aquick howto
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 16:34:58 -0500

Hi Frank,

I weighed the two options, and felt that, even with all of the baggage, I,
with my limited abilities, could clone a drive more successfully than I
could do a clean install.  And,  with a factory-installed version of XP, I
had no disk to start from.

On the advice of a colleague on the Oly list, whose knowledgeable background
is very helpful, I located an older version of Acronis, which did all I
needed.  The later versions still have growing pains, if I understand the
situation correctly.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA