Subject: [Leica] IMG: Heat wave
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 21:53:29 -0400

The temperature all along the US east coast from Georgia to Massachusetts is
over 100 F with little relief in sight. It is so hot that the trains of the
Connecticut New Haven line canceled service for several hours during midday
because the electric overhead power wires sagged enough to get caught in the
pantographs of the train cars. My local power company just called up to tell
me to shut off all electrical appliances, including this computer, to
prevent service interruptions. Before I pull the plug here are my last
Friday submissions.

It is so hot that my Friday flowers are wilting.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Heat+wilted+flowers.JPG.html

But the weather is still pretty nice when I consider the alternative.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Snowblowing.jpg.html

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] IMG: Heat wave)