Subject: [Leica] DMR battery solution update
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com)
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 20:41:50 -0500 (CDT)

George,

Yes, you can have a battery in the slot or take it out, either way, I keep
one in there so when the QT is off the DMR battery keeps the internal timing
battery charged up.  The DMR automatically senses the external battery
connection and switches to that.  He makes an Y adapter so you can use the
external battery and a cable release, at extra cost of course. ;)  If you do
not have a QT battery, I would recommend the Tekkeon battery pack, sold by
B&H, it is much lighter and less expensive, and has a selectable voltage
output.  The cable Michael makes for that is basically the same , but a
different connector on the battery end.  Both supply plenty of power to run
the DMR for several days, depending on your shooting load.  If you already
have the QT or QT3, then that works great also, I already had the QT, but
the internal battery was dead, so I bought a new battery at Batteries Plus
for the unit at substantially less than Quantum Industries wants.

Gene