Subject: [Leica] OT: Lightroom 3 book recommendations?
From: robertbaron1 at gmail.com (Robert Baron)
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2011 03:49:10 -0500

Nathan, it is the last step that sometimes gets me....

"AT HOME:
5) Connect the transfer medium from step 4 to the iMac and copy the images
to their normal destinations
6) Open LR on the iMac and do a IMPORT FROM CATALOG from the travel
catalog."  I get the dreaded "Unable to Import - Unknown Error" message.

My research indicates it may have something to do with trying to import into
the root folder on the desktop.  Do you establish a new folder (directory)
before you import?

-Thanks,

--Bob

p.s. When you are doing the IMPORT do you check the box that says Import
Negatives?  Are you using the setting for saving the xmp files as sidecars?

==On Sat, Jul 9, 2011 at 12:16 AM, Nathan Wajsman <photo at