Subject: [Leica] (FF) waned
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2011 01:04:13 -0400

Any Nikon or Canon lens needed a tube before AF.  With auto focus for some
reason THEN they'd then go to 1:1.
The Leica's did not use tubes but "ELPRO' s" which were multi element close
up filters in a barrel and  I think came with most of the Leica lenses to
get 1:1.

Mark William Rabiner

> From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols at lighttube.net>
> Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 23:36:25 -0500
> To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] (FF) waned
>
> Mark,
>
> I beg to differ with you.  My faithful Leica Elmarit-R 60mm Macro lens goes
> to 1:1, and  I know it goes back quite a few years.  The serial no. dates
> it
> to 1980.  My Zuiko 35mm Macro, which I bought new last year, also goes to
> 1:1.
>
> Jim Nichols
> Tullahoma, TN USA

>>> hard.  Way harder than it looks. And its hard to do a successful macro
>>> grab
>>> shot. The best macro shots I feel take a bit more time and require some
>>> technique. And require more shots which you pick from to get one which is