Subject: [Leica] Medium Format Digital
From: montoid at earthlink.net (Montie Talbert)
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 12:42:07 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Just read this and strongly agree with George!
I used pin registration while at RIT late 70s,
racking my brain and can't imagine any other
pre-digital way to do it. Am I missing something?

Montie

> http://www.pixiq.com/article/darkroom-unsharp-mask
>
> Anybody ever used this technique?

>>I did a bit of unsharp masking over the years in the darkroom.
Though not as described in this article.
I used pin registration
and very thin under exposed positives.

I can't imagine how his "flashing" with the mask
could possibly work.
How could you possibly register these two exposures
from two different negatives
in an enlarger
on to a single print?

sounds like he never actually did it.