Subject: [Leica] Taos Pueblo, January 1995
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2011 23:50:36 +0100

Ken,

I have been looking for a while at this photo. Firstly let me say that I
think
it stunning. I really wouldn't do much with it. With respect to Nathan, I
don't
agree with cropping the "tall tomb" which is I think the cross over the
entrance
to the churchyard. If it is then I think that it is too integral a part of
the
image to cut.

FWIW it's worth, can I offer a choice of two other crops? Both yield strong
images.

(i) crop so as to renove all but a thin strip of snow along the foot of the
wall. This throws the wall into dark relief against the snow and increases
the
isolation.

(ii) Crop up from the bottom as in (i) but also crop down from the top to
just
above the right hand hilltop. This gives a much stronger effect than in
before
which, combined with the curve of the wall, is even more powerful and almost
fish-eye like.

Try and see. In either case, the original remains a great photo with strong
light and tonal values.

Peter