Subject: [Leica] Friday flowers of the season
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 21:03:30 -0700

 From the time I was 11 I used to make explosives at home. I don't
_think_ my parents knew about it, but we lived way up in northern
Alberta in a town of 800, so I'd be surprised if my dad, the doctor
in the town, didn't hear from the drugstore owner about my purchases.
In any case after some satisfying explosions I graduated to rockets
and mixing rocket fuel. When we visited with my grandparents in
Germany when I was 13 and I made some friends, I showed them how it
was done. We made this great rocket, launched it from his backyard
and after it flew out of sight at about 1000ft, realized that we'd
better not go from house to house asking people if they'd seen a
rocket land in their back yard. No more firing rockets in downtown
Hamburg. Peace River country was a lot safer; all you could hit was a
moose or a bear.