Subject: [Leica] Tom Swift and His Wizard Camera
From: jbmmllug at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 04:00:40 -0400

I grew up on the '60s second-wave Tom Swifts (Toms Swift?).  About 30
or so years ago, some friends let me poke through an old house
which... I forget the story.  But the original residents had departed.
 I scored original copies of Tom Swift and his Motorcycle and... wait
for it... Tom Swift and his War Tank.  I think this came out a bit
before the Great War.

There might be reprint/facsimile editions.  There are some of the
original Hardy Boys books so available... you have to steel yourself
for some casual racism, shocking to today's ears (or eye), but are
rewarded with an amazing  time capsule just in the casual details
tossed in as the pot boils.

 -Jeff

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Tom Swift and His Wizard Camera)
Message from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Tom Swift and His Wizard Camera)