Subject: [Leica] Good Times with Bad Filters
From: jbmmllug at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 14:45:48 -0400

Given the long and contentious threads we've had here over the years
about the pros and cons of photographically-unnecessary "protective"
filters left bolted permanently in front of one's lenses (betcha can't
tell what side I landed on from the way I put that), I'm surprised not
to see this post from the LensRentals people already forwarded here
(unless I just missed it).  Kind of funny and silly, but also a pretty
informative demonstration:

http://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2011/06/good-times-with-bad-filters

[Name-dropping anecdote: the last discussion I had in person about
this question was just last Wednesday, when (Sir) David Peel, Lower
East Side music fixture, chum of John Lennon, and Apple recording
artist, spotted my M9 and was horrified not to see an extra piece of
glass protecting the front of my Summilux.]

 -Jeff

Replies: Reply from zoeica at mac.com (Chris Williams) ([Leica] Good Times with Bad Filters)