Subject: [Leica] Uninformed Opinions.
From: neilbeddoe at googlemail.com (Neil Beddoe)
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 11:53:12 +0100

I was intrigued by the confident opinions expressed about the Vancouver
riots and I remember reading similar opinions about riots at the G20 riots
in London in 2009.  Here's how things unfolded in that case:

3rd April 2009 -
http://www.chickyog.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/esp67-02042009.pdf
Police pelted with bricks as they help dying man.  Heart attack victim found
in alley.

4th April 2010 - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7982855.stm
A man who died during protests around the G20 summit in London suffered a
fatal heart attack, police have said.

7th April 2009 - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7988828.stm
A man who died during the G20 protest was pushed to the ground by a police
officer, video footage has shown.

9th April 2009 - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7992296.stm
The Metropolitan Police has denied trying to "cover up" the death of Ian
Tomlinson during the G20 protests.

13th May 2009 - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8047149.stm
Smith criticises 'police-bashing'

22nd July 2010 - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-10723274
G20: No charges over Ian Tomlinson demo death

14th October 2010 - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11544777
The decision not to prosecute Pc Simon Harwood over the death of Ian
Tomlinson will not alter, the Crown Prosecution Service has said.

29th March 2011 - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12896450
A newspaper seller who died at the G20 protest in London appeared "very
drunk" shortly before he was pushed to the ground, an ex-police officer has
said.

30th March 2011 - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12911678
A newspaper seller who died at the G20 protest did not appear to be
"agitated" before he was shoved to the ground by a police officer, an
inquest has heard.

20th June 2011 - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13839795
A police officer accused of killing newspaper seller Ian Tomlinson during
the G20 protests in London in 2009 is to stand trial at the Old Bailey.

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Uninformed Opinions.)