Subject: [Leica] Cannot upgrade M8 firmware
From: geordiepete211 at yahoo.co.uk (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 23:30:27 +0900

Thanks, Frank.

I tried the Reset function in the Menu just now.  No difference.

I didn't try another computer yet.  Maybe my Mac has been set up
badly.  I will try it on my Mac at work tomorrow.

I am using 8GB SDHC cards, and also a 512MB SD card.  None are working
in the card reader.  They all work in camera for the purpose of
uploading images.  But I only get a desktop mountable disk using the
M9, as the M9 has a Mass Storage disk option.  It seems the M8 does
not, so it can only upload images when USB connected to a computer,
not download firmware upgrade files like the connected M9 can.

My two card readers are both $5 cheapies.  Even if they cannot use
SDHC cards, they should be able to use the 512MB card.  They could
read those cards when formatted with my Lumix, but not after being
formatted with my Ms.

Peter

Replies: Reply from frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE) ([Leica] Cannot upgrade M8 firmware)
Reply from grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com) ([Leica] Cannot upgrade M8 firmware)