Subject: [Leica] Cannot upgrade M8 firmware
From: geordiepete211 at yahoo.co.uk (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 00:18:39 +0900

Hi again, Frank,

going through your reply again, I finally got the 514MB card to mount
on my Mac after hitting Reset on the M8, turning off the camera, and
putting the card in a reader.  (This process still does not work for
me with either of the SDHC cards.)

Then, I follow Leica's instructions and drag the unzipped (my Mac
automatically unzips this file) m8-2_014.upd file to the mounted disk,
i.e. the M8 formatted 514MB SD card.  However, a Finder message pops
up saying:

The item "m8-2_014.upd" could not be moved because "NO NAME" could not
be modified.

NO NAME is the disk (card) name.

Any ideas what to try now?

Peter