Subject: [Leica] Re-focusing photographs -- after shooting
From: ken at iisaka.com (Ken Iisaka)
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 11:14:31 -0700

For this to work, the number of pixels on the sensor would have to be
greatly increased. What it essentially accomplishes is that different
sensors under a micro-lenses are exposed through different parts of the
lens, or the cone of light.  Stopping down the lens is almost unnecessary,
as stopping down simply narrows the cone of light, and fewer sensors would
be exposed.