Subject: [Leica] From My Archives
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 16:15:28 -0700

Jim Nichols showed:

> George's tribute to his Father set me to thinking about images that I had
> made of my own Father.  This is one of my favorites, made in 1952 with my
> newly-acquired Leica IIIa, showing my Dad checking out my first car, a
> 1952 Plymouth convertible.
> New processing tools helped the image considerably.
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Dad+in+1952+Plymouth.jpg.html

Hi Jim,
A wonderful keep sake... "My Dad the man!" Is what this photo implies and
says. Appears a rugged sort of chap I'm sure.

He appears to have a similar appearance as mine. Stern but comforting when
necessary. When he said jump? You jumped high and quite smartly without a
whimper. Certainly never with a question of "Why?" No need for an explained
reason because if Dad said "jump" he had a reason at that very moment! No
discussion required. :-) You jumped!:-) Later he may explain!

Mine always seemed to have great wisdom, well as kids we all figure our
father's were the smartest, strongest and toughest on the block! Wasn't
really true about being tough, as he was one of the kindest, gentlest men I
knew as I matured myself.

To me Fathers Day is always a heart warming day even with it's touch of
sadness he's no longer with us. But it rejuvenates many many wonderful
memories and pictures to look at one more time.

ted

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] From My Archives)