Subject: [Leica] BLOG: Shen Hao 617 Arrived
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 15:46:14 -0500

On Jun 15, 2011, at 3:04 PM, Richard Man wrote:

> Also, the very first picture I did was using the rise. In fact, it's the
> one
> with our "butterfly" roofline, and I obviously use too much rise as the
> edge
> of the house seems to tilt backward, the opposite of just aiming a regular
> camera up.

If the back and lens = parallel
and
the camera = level
you will not see the lack of parallel verticals
which appear in your "house" photograph
no matter how much rise you use.

The effect you're seeing (the opposite of converging verticals)
indicates that your camera back was actually pointing down
instead of plumb

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com