Subject: [Leica] Fwd: New Firmware for the Leica M9
From: richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man)
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 13:26:55 -0700

IF the firmware in the camera is smart, it will reject it. There's probably
some sort of ID code that says this is for M9 only.

The worse case scenario is that you may end up a brick in your hand!!

Firmware are very specific to the particular CPU and other doodads of the
system. I am sure there are enough differences between the M8 and M9 that
one firmware will not work for other.

Better wait for Leica to release the M8 version.