Subject: [Leica] Another R option (now M9)
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto at earthlink.net)
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 18:51:43 -0400

Richard Man wrote:

Geoff, while I agree with your assessment that this is a good short term
strategy, I still think Leica can do well by introducing a current M8.3 with
the magenta problem fixed (and leave the MP at 10, or may be 12, and crop
sensor) and emphasize the Summarits line for that camera. Sell a package
with a camera and a lens bundled for $4000 and that could ensure Leica's
long term success.
<<<

Ignoring for now the question of demand for a lower-spec'ed camera, I have
to wonder what production capacity they would use to make another model
that wouldn't reduce production of a very successful, more profitable model.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

mail2web LIVE ? Free email based on Microsoft? Exchange technology -
http://link.mail2web.com/LIVE

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Another R option (now M9))
Reply from richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] Another R option (now M9))