Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Tenkara fishing. I drenched my camera.
From: frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE)
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 19:56:47 +0100 (BST)

A rod license is about ?32 a year IIRC but trout fishing on a good
stream/river
is ?150 to ?600 per day whereas a stocked stillwater will be ?30 to ?90 or
so.
I haven't paid for river fishing up north ever, but then I moved south 37
years
ago when things were different, no idea what it would be nowadays. Most
fisheries are stocked lakes the rivers tending to be private or syndicate
owned.

I believe that Trout fishing on rivers is free to the public in Scotland,
but
Salmon fishing is expensive and strictly controlled so you may get hassle
from
people thinking you are salmon poaching or just disturbing their valuable
asset.

I sussed you were from England, GeordiePete is a bit of a giveaway ;-)

cheers,
Frank