Subject: [Leica] M8 Repair... Update
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 09:34:19 +1000

With utmost repect for successfully published and experienced
photographers like Tina and Doug, I do use some capture sharpening
routinely and integrated with noise reduction with M8 and now M9. The
amount and methods can certainly differ. Amounts need not be large and
masking for example makes for perfectly targetted effects. I find the
two default optional pre-sets in Lightroom very useful (Narrow edges
for scenery, wide edges for faces basically)
Output sharpening as mentioned by Doug is a different function and
ought to be specific to output type and size (web/print etc). There I
have learnt a lot and generally use much less currently than before.
Again the automated options in Lightroom in the Print Module work well
for me.

Cheers
Geoff

Life's not black and white, except at both ends
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman