Subject: [Leica] Spanish Protest 15-M (2nd. Delivery)
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 23:48:35 +0100

Really interesting shots Lluis. Good documents. I really like the one of the
couple eating and the guuys with the paella pan.

By coincidence I was having lunch with a Greek who speaks fluent Spanish and
discussing los indignados...we came to the conclusion that the  best
translation
into English was something like "The Idignant" (OK, OK) but the sense of
"indignant" approximates the Spanish word most closely in English. My Greek
friend was saying that the strikers in Athens have taken up the name, but
have
translated it into Greek (naturally enough). However the name that they have
chosen has a sense of "I'm so mad about this I am going to kill you"...such
are
the perils of translation, eh Douglas?

Peter