Subject: [Leica] DIY Softie
From: lug at paulhardycarter.com (PHC)
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 12:29:27 +0100

I have a Softie. I bought it for my M6 but only used it a couple of times
and was wasting so many frames, when I put it back in the bag and it fired,
that I filed it away in the bottom of my camera bag.

Then I bought an M7 which, with it's shutter button lock, made more sense,
so I fished it out. It still didn't feel right though. Filed it again.

Then I bought a motor winder. I put the winder on the M7. I put the Softie
on the M7. Harmony! That little combination makes for a beautiful tool in my
hands.

So now, whenever I use the winder I use the Softie. When the winder comes
off, so does Softie.

Isn't it weird how sensitive we are to such nuances?

P.

Paul Hardy Carter
www.paulhardycarter.com
www.theconstanteye.com