Subject: [Leica] Bad luck with Hong Kong battery
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 15:35:50 -0700

I've used three different sources. I know the first one I used isn't
on ebay anymore because I went to a different one after he was gone.
The batteries he had supplied came with two different labels, so the
stuff he was selling probably didn't all have the same provenance. My
older email files got a bit mangled recently so while I do have email
going back to the early 90's it's more work to get at, and I can't do
it here right now.

At this point I would hate to recommend any one source as I think
they do change suppliers, but due to the extreme price differential
between OEM and third party Leica M batteries, I wouldn't hesitate to
try different suppliers with reasonable ebay ratings. 5 tries with 2
batteries each will still cost you less than one OEM battery, unless
you can get them a lot cheaper there.