Subject: [Leica] Re; More storms tonight
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 08:12:03 +0530

It also happened during the Second World War, but the big beneficiaries were
the Swiss banks - who just swallowed up all the untraceable German Jewish
money (and assets, like works of art) lying there, and furthermore, did the
same to all the dirty money and assets kept there when the Nazis went belly
up. Neutrality really does have its uses! They really are the actual axis of
evil in this world, because no tinpot dictator or jihadist or drug don can
become what they are without their help. They are now refusing to give India
the names of illegal depositors because 'tax evasion' is not a crime in
Switzerland - it is rumoured to be around 1-1.5 trillion dollars of deposits
mainly arising from illegality and loot, so there is good reason for them
not to divulge anything! The US had a pittance, so they divulged everything
relevant to the US authorities.
Cheers
Jayanand