Subject: [Leica] OT: Zeiss Contax Images, incl. Contameter
From: wanderjan at gmail.com (Jan Decher)
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 10:00:19 -0400

Luis,
I will try to post a picture of the Contax IIIa with the Contameter RF in
the accessory shoe and a Proxar lens attached on the LUG gallery later. The
Contameter is just a separate rangefinder for the 50, 30, and 20 cm
distances of the 3 Proxar lenses (or the close-up Tessar lens head, which I
am still trying to find).
Contameter and Proxars are a somewhat cumbersome solution compared to a
macro lens on an SLR (or a Leica with Visoflex) but it works and is
relatively compact to carry in a small case. Arguably for the almost same
price & bulk of the Contameter outfit you could get a compact Pentax MX body
with a fine 50mm Macro lens and just dedicate that to macro. But then this
list is about complex German precision gear and its use, isn't it?.... ;-)
Jan

=====From: Lluis Ripoll <lluisripollquerol at gmail.com>
Jan,
The Contax IIIA is a lovely camera, it was my father's camera and I've shot
my first pictures with it, my father's outfit was the same as yours, both
are great lenses. I like very much your two pics with the 135.
I don't know what is a Contameter, do you refer to the lightmeter?
Saludos
Lluis
=====El 18/05/2011, a las 4:18, Jan Decher escribi?:
...lower images demonstrate the effect of the 50, 30 and 20 Proxar
lenses on the 50mm Sonnar and the postwar Zeiss Ikon Contameter close-up RF.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/bigon07/Contax/

Replies: Reply from lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] OT: Zeiss Contax Images, incl. Contameter)