Subject: [Leica] OT: Zeiss Contax Images, incl. Contameter
From: wanderjan at gmail.com (Jan Decher)
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 09:20:00 -0400

Jim,
A bit of luck with that interior shot (dark gym). A lot of the others were
fuzzy. It was the situation where digital excels, if you don't like flash.
The meter in my IIIa seems to be right on.  Better be, since H. Scherer
replaced the meter cell. I still check it with my Sekonic L-208 to see where
the selenium cell might be off.  I just like the idea of  completely
battery-free photography.
At this point the proverbial "only camera on an island" would still be my
Rolleiflex 3.5E or a Leica IIIf ST & Elmar (more compact). But what do you
do with all that exposed film on the island...?
Jan