Subject: [Leica] OT Constitutional Amendment
From: robertmeier at usjet.net (Robert Meier)
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 10:01:56 -0500 (CDT)

This is from my friend Al Fisher.   I signed it.   Take a look.   Robert

Members of congress over the years have given themselves special
entitlements that shield them from the realities that affect the
lives of the rest of us. We need a constitutional amendment that will
put our representatives back in the boat with the rest of us.

So I created a petition to The United States House of Representatives
and The United States Senate, which says:

"Amendment 28 to the US Constitution:
1. Members of Congress shall purchase with their own funds their own
individual and family health and life insurance on the open market.
No group rates.
2. Members of Congress shall fund their own retirement through a
combination of a 401K and participation in Social Security. Their pay
shall be subject to payroll tax like all the rest of us and the money
in today's Congressional Retirement Fund shall be transferred to the
Social Security Fund.
3. Members of Congress shall only be paid while holding office.
4. Congress may no longer control their own pay. Their pay shall be
increased using the same formula used for Social Security Benefits.
5. Members of Congress may not exempt themselves from laws that apply
to ordinary citizens and all such exemptions that exist today shall
be immediately revoked.
"

Will you sign my petition? Click here to add your name:

http://signon.org/sign/eliminate-congressional?source=c.fwd&r_by=179498

Thanks! Al

Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Leica M9P or M9.2 or M10)
Message from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Leica M9P or M9.2 or M10)