Subject: [Leica] Leica M9P or M9.2 or M10
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 11:24:38 +0100

I agree Mehrdad. To -not- continue the R line was unfortunate for we users
but a logical business decision, I don't think the R line ever made any
profit and the cost of R&D for a new R would probably have been exactly the
same as the S2 has been with no chance of being able to charge an
economically viable price for it.
Whether there is a big enough market for it, only time will tell, but it
would not surprise me to learn that it outsells the R, on an annual sales
basis.
In the car business all the profit comes from the more expensive models
since the production costs vary little and the retail a lot!
FD