Subject: [Leica] CAUTION About Firefox Update 3.6.17
From: rcmphoto at yahoo.com (R. Clayton McKee)
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 05:34:39 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Wed, 5/4/11, Jim Nichols <jhnichols at lighttube.net> wrote:

> Just a note of CAUTION.  If you
> have not made the update to Firefox 3.6.17 that was offered
> a few days ago, think carefully.   I, and at
> least 3 other Firefox users have found that, periodically,
> Firefox appears to be using up to 70% of available CPU time,
> slowing things down, and, in some systems, causing
> crashes.  My system runs XP Home, SP3.

There was a bug in one of the older subversions in 3.6 that did that, though
it basically ran up to 100% - ate all available clock cycles including the
C-A-D functions.  Only way to get the machine back was a hard reboot.  I
thought it had been squashed, but it might be back somehow.

Or it could be something altogether different.

In any case, if you're not using NoScript, you might look at it; as Frank
points out some Flash stuff is ill-mannered, as well.

R. Clayton McKee
PhotoJournalist
from somewhere just south of somewhere else...