Subject: [Leica] Friday's flower/leaf
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin at afirkin.com)
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 19:57:34 -0400

Thanks Lluis and others for commenting. I like the b/w. The colour one is
fine, but I think I would 'tire' of it on the wall, whereas the b/w would
live on. I should try printing both ;-)

The other issue: its a Nikon: first time I've strayed away from Leica/blad
since moving away from Minolta in the late 80's. I'm not sure of the
weaknesses of the CMOS sensor yet -- there seems to be more colour
fringing if I overexpose, but I do recognize the strengths; up to 12800
ISO seems really very acceptable, the autofocus is fast and works pretty
well in dim light, the image stabilization is fantastic (knew the last 2
from Helen's camera) and the flash is so powerful, the neighbors may
complain.

Alastair