Subject: [Leica] OT: Technical Question- Panning vs. WA Lens
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Red735i)
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 20:14:17 -0700

A VERY common use was for schools.... Class photos....

Also very common was to see the class joker in the beginning and again at
the end of the photo.... as he could run faster than the lens spun
around.....and thus got into the shot twice!

PS.. Stitching was only done to fabric in the 1800's....  Computers, at the
time, also worked with stitching....

....Jacquard Loom....

But I think this all digresses.....

Frank Filippone
Red735i at earthlink.net

That's fascinating because I have a group photo from the late 1800s that's
very wide and immensely detailed. I saw no indication it had been stitched
together in any way. This appears to be how it was done. Thank you Mark!

Message from abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] OT: Technical Question- Panning vs. WA Lens)