Subject: [Leica] OT: Technical Question- Panning vs WA Lens
From: rgacpa at yahoo.com (Bob Adler)
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 12:54:08 -0700

Thanks Herb.

So to ensure I understand for my situation, if I were to take a shot with a
40mm lens on a 6x4.5  sensor( film, ccd, etc.) in landscape orientation, I
could get pretty much the same coverage with a shot taken with an 80mm lens
on 6x4.5 in portrait orientation (using panning)?  Might have to step back a
bit to get the same vertical area?

If I were to use a longer than 80mm lens (say a 120) I would have to step
back further than with the 80?

Thanks again,
Bob

Bob Adler