Subject: [Leica] power of the pixel 2
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 08:14:23 -0700
References: <BANLkTim0YnZv89cC+f5qpmHZDwUzEb686w@mail.gmail.com> <a4b39dff9c1b28269a4f786b395c70ed.squirrel@emailmg.globat.com> <a49bdab8315925be14888b217c41d175.squirrel@emailmg.globat.com> <a85ff2da0a3c0be7e79fb99ede43afd2.squirrel@emailmg.globat.com> <58ed73404747255031a71e1a9eb2047f.squirrel@emailmg.globat.com> <4DAB6E28.1080705@cox.net> <d7dc0ceeea7d3fdf1b75bf845d622fff.squirrel@emailmg.globat.com>

Alastair SHOWED & ASKED:
Subject: Re: [Leica] power of the pixel 2

 Or wanting my parents to be a little closer and more intimate:
http://tinyurl.com/43xt7jk
became this with ridiculous ease.
 http://tinyurl.com/3jan9f3

am I faking my family's history here. I know you can 'pick' them, but if
I had put more effort into them I suspect it would be very hard. Frank
Hurley was heavily criticized for doctoring images of the first world
war.
He wanted to reflect the feelings he found at the front, and could not
do that with straight photography. I suspect he would have loved
digital<<<<<<

Alastair my friend,
No fear about cheating/faking as this is a simple "photo adjustment of
space!" A slight cropping of space in a family photograph! Not moving the
Eiffel Tower to lower Manhattan! ;-)

After all you didn't put yourself in the picture between them. That might be
pushing the cropping space! :-)

Look, this is truly a no brainer when we are dealing with personal and
family photographs! Like who in the hell  outside of your home while you are
scanning and preserving photos of past family events needs to know what you,
me or anyone does with our family photographs?

Just go ahead and make all the improvements you feel while making new prints
of the modified version! The world be damned! It's nobodies business but
your own.
Personally I think it a nice crop movement improving the photo. Good looking
folks! :-)

cheers mate,
ted

Replies: Reply from afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin at afirkin.com) ([Leica] power of the pixel 2)