Subject: [Leica] power of the pixel 2
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 17:48:08 -0500

On 4/16/2011 7:59 PM, afirkin at afirkin.com wrote:
> Or wanting my parents to be a little closer and more intimate:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/43xt7jk
>
> became this with ridiculous ease.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/3jan9f3
>
> am I faking my family's history here. I know you can 'pick' them, but if I
> had put more effort into them I suspect it would be very hard. Frank
> Hurley was heavily criticised for doctoring images of the first world war.
> He wanted to reflect the feelings he found at the front, and could not do
> that with straight photography. I suspect he would have loved digital ;-)
>
> Alastair

Alastair,

I don't see any issue here - you are simply making the photos better and
for a noble cause.  Unlike crudely manipulated photos such as the Iran
missile launches, or the notorious faked photo of the Oswald killing.
Even though there are many copies still in existence, the Warren
Commission never acknowledged that this was an alteration of a
promotional photo for Little Lee and the Rubies, a popular lounge act in
Dallas at that time.  I believe here they are playing "Stairway to Heaven".

Ken

http://gorightly.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/oswald_big.jpg

Replies: Reply from afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin at afirkin.com) ([Leica] power of the pixel 2)
Message from afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin at afirkin.com) ([Leica] photo links)