Subject: [Leica] Was Barcelona in color - now Tina's website
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 07:50:32 -0500

On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 11:27 PM, Ric Carter <ricc at embarqmail.com> wrote:

> I don't buy it.

I agree. If the pathos is in the shot, color will not distract.

I've said this before, I guess we say things over and over here, but when I
was a kid starting out in photography, color was expensive and/or hard to
do, and b/w was cheap and easy.

I would save up for some Kodachrome, and I only could shoot maybe two rolls
a year.

 I lived in Germany; in high school I worked cleaning apartment stairwells
for my film money.  Later I washed dishes at the Officer's club.

 I still look at some of my BW negatives and wish I had had color for them,
because it was such a beautiful place and it fell so damn flat in black and
white.

So don't give me yer hotsy totsy intellectual stuff, give me color, colour
bright shiny chroma!

Skin tones!  Pink Roses!   Red Blood!  Green Hills!   Red Breasted Robins!
Ginger Kittens!  Blonde Danish Girls!

Yeah man!

--
Regards,