Subject: [Leica] Barcelona in color
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 07:23:29 +0530

Ric,
I agree with you - this is totally personal preference, maybe aided by a
little elitism - because with the advent of digital, colour photographs are
so easy to take, so what used to exceedingly rare and expensive when I
started to photograph is now the norm. I predominantly see in colour, I
think mainly because I live in a very colourful environment, B&W is a rarer
pleasure. The main reason I started taking part in B&W print exchanges is to
hone this skill. Most B&W shots of India are of poverty, where the dust and
grime translate well into monochrome - when any other aspect of the country
is to be shown, it is invariably in colour.

George,
I take your point about the graphic arts, but what we consider the pinnacle
of the artist's talent is always in the colour medium - oils, watercolour or
nowadays, increasingly acrylic.

Cheers
Jayanand