Subject: [Leica] IMG: Modeles Danse
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 08:19:25 -0700

philippe.amard SHOWED:

> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Playground/Modeles+Danse-1778.jpg.html

Bon jour Philippe
An interesting photograph because there are couple of elements in this photo
to be learned by list members who do "street photos of people photography!"
Or would like to give it a try?

1/ It appears the subject isn't sure you are taking his picture or not?  In
this case one shouldn't look at the walking subject ( other than through the
camera viewfinder) but keep attention to the sign as though that was the
main photo moment, if you take camera away from eye. You can take the camera
down, look at scene and in your peripheral vision still observe the passerby
if necessary. Just don't look at him with direct eye contact! That
telegraphs a message!

Continue to hold the camera up even as the subject walks by. WHY? Well in
his mind he's thinking, "why did this guy take my picture?" But if you hold
for a moment as he passes he "might see" it was the sign and not him.

Never acknowledge a human subject in a scene such as this! Make no eye
contact, nor glancing look toward the person!  As that says... "I took your
picture!"  By the same token each situation calls for it's own thought and
action as this is just one of many tips.

Thanks for a good teaching photo! :-)

cheers,
Dr. ted  :-)

Replies: Reply from philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard) ([Leica] IMG: Modeles Danse -Ted)