Subject: [Leica] Egypt February 2011 gallery
From: doug at ricecracker.net (doug kim)
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 17:44:55 -0400

Thanks, Ted, et al.

It was an amazing time to be there. When Mubarak fell, I changed my plans
and flew to Cairo. For the first four days, I felt like the only foreigner
in the country. People were amazing and open and gracious and also
incredibly wary and angry and distrustful. I did run into numerous issues.
You'll notice the complete lack of seriously devout Muslims in my series.

And interestingly, everyone kept asking if I was a "free" photographer,
meaning not a photojournalist. A lot of distrust against the news media.

And lastly on a selfish note, going to the pyramids after a revolution is
like going to Disneyworld and finding only five other people there.

Doug Kim
o 646.602.7603
c 310.869.0498
--