Subject: [Leica] Visoflex Model Refresher......
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 08:22:21 -0700

Geoff Interesting photo.... more interesting "assembly" of Visoflexi (
plural of Visoflex).... is this for self portraits in a mirror?
What was the issue with the arm on your M8/9?  Wrong VERTICAL  or HORIZONTAL
alignment?  I can not tell from this photo....

Henning....  Understand the prism issue... I guess the straight down
magnifier is OK.....  That would work for me....

I had a III but sold it .... it did fit the M8 fine, and I adjusted the arm
to work with the shutter button.....

Never sell any Leica thing... you will always want it back some day....

Frank Filippone
Red735i at earthlink.net

I went through this exercise when I had my M7 and then M8. I got a Visoflex
II and removed the (OTXBO) stepped base prism magnifier and fitted the later
version without the stepped base. At least on the example I have the bent
arm that swings down to the shutter release on the camera cannot be adjusted
to operate it. Maybe it is possible to modify or replace the arm assembly, I
don't know. I recommend to just get the Visoflex III which fits and works
fine.
I invented this  Visoflex Four some time back for fun, but it does show the
relative positions of the shutter release/mirror arm on both models.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/hoppyman/2/Visoflex+Four.jpg.html

Message from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] Visoflex Model Refresher......)