Subject: [Leica] New portrait of my son added today
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford)
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 11:51:01 -0400

Ted,

It focuses perfectly from f2.8-16. Basically, it is really an f2.8 lens. Not
hard to remember and requires no thought. You should also consider that not
everyone here is a photojournalist. I'm not and never will be. I'm an
artist; I have the time to think about each shot and chose the lens that
gives the look I want. I use this lens for portraits, mostly, and the need
to remember not to use f1.5 or f2 is not a problem; I'd never shoot a
portrait at such wide apertures anyway because I like a little depth of
field. If you're doing fast paced reportage work, and you need a 50mm lens,
a plain old summicron is the best choice. I have one of those too, and it is
my choice for most work.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography