Subject: [Leica] visoflex
From: dennis at hale-pohaku.com (Dennis)
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 19:59:51 -1000

Hi Ed,

Everything I have read about Marty Forscher puts him in a great light.
If you can post your experiences with  him it would be great. I believe
his record on Leica makes it all on topic.

Regarding your visoflex. I couldn't remember the name until  now but
it's a pellicle mirror. Canon used one in their Canon Pellix.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pellicle_mirror

With a pellicle mirror you got no mirror delay, no viewfinder blackout,
and less light transmitted to the film. (Maybe instead of "film" I
should say focal plane to encompass whatever data capture media we have
there ;-)

I can believe that Leitz USA made some. Most likely Marty Forscher did,
and it's documented that Norman Goldberg did.(barely mentioned in the
2nd paragraph of this Shutterbug article)

http://shutterbug.com/equipmentreviews/classic_historical/0211classic/

Historical indeed.

-Dennis