Subject: [Leica] R9 users, is there no exposure lock when using matrix metering, only on spot and average?
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com)
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 19:33:09 -0600 (CST)

Marty,

Are you sure it works? Matrix metering by definition is a program that takes
all of the light values seen in several regions of the frame and runs them
through a complex program to come up with a exposure value for proper
exposure.  Exposure lock would be useless in this mode.  My wife's D200 has
matrix and exposure lock does not work in this mode. Same with my R8.

Cheers,
Gene