Subject: [Leica] Cheap Leica systems
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 09:19:03 +0000

I couldn't afford a Leica until I was in my 30s, but they were dearer here.
Leicas have always been more expensive, I am far from convinced that a few
hundred cameras becoming available would significantly influence prices.
I can't imagine the M6, M7 or new MP cameras to be collectible and if you
look at -all- the pre M6 cameras, including viewfinderless ones, the total
production is around 460,000 cameras. That is less than 2 months production
of just the Canon rebel dSLR... There are thousands of times more CaNikon
digi SLRs on the market than Leicas.
There just are not many of them, collectors or no.
Blaming collectors for Leica prices is a common error though. In fact it is
just a very limited supply feeding substantial demand.
IMHO
FD

Message from junolau at gmail.com (Ho-Tak) ([Leica] Cheap Leica systems)
Message from photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip Forrest) ([Leica] Cheap Leica systems)