Subject: [Leica] IMG: Cold and misty canalside walk this a.m.
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2011 16:54:37 +0100

Hi Jim,

thanks for taking a look.

It's a good job I'm not a barge-spotter, I'd have to
spend all day there (or up in our attic window). We get
up between 60 and 100 vessels of varying sizes passing
in both directions every day. The older Czech and
Polish barges have oil engines that vibrate so much it
even rattles the crockery in our kitchen at a distance
of about 200 yards. The newer Dutch and German vessels
tend to glide past with hardly a sound.

Cheers
Douglas